Zanran aims to reduce the amount of slog for auditors checking annual reports and 10-K’s. Our first product checks casting and cross-casting (US equivalent: ‘footing’ and ‘cross-footing’) - automatically.
At present, numbers in tables are usually checked manually.
The snapshot below is a view - in the PDF Workbench - of page 29 of the National Trust annual report, 2017. It shows the totals, automatically, using a colour system:
The two cells with the yellow background – on the right - are totals. The cells with the pink background are potential errors. Mouse-hovering over the pink cell is showing
• which numbers make up the total (the purple grid above)
• the calculation error – the numbers add up to 10,349 - not 10,359 as shown
For a more detailed introduction to the PDF Workbench, please watch the video, above.
• Faster to do checks and validate the totals
• Enables you to concentrate on more-complicated issues
• Greatly improves the chances of finding errors
• Scaleable - can be used by individual auditors or large teams
• Works in any European language (Icelandic to Russian)
• Can save archive version for future traceability